Tax Free Day FAQ
When is Tax Free Day on Apple® Products?
May 23rd, 2019 in The Tech Center (on the upper level of our U District store).
Our Tax Free Day on Apple® Products in-store event lasts from 10am-7pm. There will be cookies, treats, and a chance to win a 32 GB iPad® ($299) and an Apple Pencil™ ($89)!
What Apple® products qualify for Tax Free Day?
- All notebooks (MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro).
- All desktops (Mac mini, iMac, Mac Pro) except for iMac Pro.
- All iPad Pro®s (11", 12.9") and iPad Air.
I want to buy an iPad mini®, will that be tax free?
Only iPad Pro and iPad Air products qualify for Tax Free Day on Apple Products.
Can I use a department PO or ProCards on Tax Free Day on Apple® Products?
Tax Free Day on Apple® Products is valid only for personal purchases, so no department PO or ProCards sales.
Can I reserve Apple® products before the event?
All custom and special orders must be placed prior to 5pm on May 10, 2019.
Online orders will be accepted through May 17th, 2019.
In-store hold on stock items will be accepted through 7pm on May 22nd, 2019.
Call, come in, or contact us at email@example.com or 206.545.4382 for custom pricing, special order requests, questions about Apple products and financing.
Please note that all in-store held items, special and custom orders must be paid for in person on May 23rd to qualify for Tax Free Day on Apple products.
I shopped Tax Free Day, but why does my receipt say I was charged tax?
For business reasons, University Book Store still charges you tax. In order to make your purchase the equivalent of tax-free, we offer a discount on the academic price of the item so that your total, after tax, comes to the academic price before tax. For example:
- Let's say you want to buy an Apple® product with an academic price of $299.
- Normally, after the 10.1% tax rate, the total would be $329.20.
- We adjust the academic price of this item to $271.57, so that when the 10.1% tax rate is applied, your total comes to $299–the original price before tax!
Don't worry, we've done the math for you ahead of time, so all of the prices you see listed on Tax Free Day on Apple® products will be the prices before tax.