COVID-19 Updates & FAQs
Last Updated June 2, 9:00am
In compliance with Washington's state-wide "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order, University Book Store locations remain closed until further notice. Our website, ubookstore.com, will remain open, but course materials, student supplies, and other materials needed for distance learning will be prioritized to support the University of Washington and Cascadia communities.
Updated Return Policy
We’ve updated our return policy to include our new contactless drop-off service in the U District, as well as updated instructions for rental returns and selling your textbooks back.
Please read the instructions in detail; if customers do not follow the listed procedures, University Book Store will not process their returns. View our updated return policy here.
How long will it take for my order to be processed?
If you’re curious about the status of your order, you can check it here:
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and increased national shipping volume, your order may take longer than usual to arrive. University Book Store encourages customers to use our curbside pickup service, available every day from 9–5 at our U District store, whenever possible.
Why does my order still say "pending fulfillment"?
"Pending Fulfillment" just means it hasn't shipped, yet, which doesn't mean we haven't started working on your order; we have as many staff as possible working to process orders.
Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email notification and your order status will be changed from Pending to Shipped.
Free curbside pickup is back!
Have a question that's not on this page or can’t find what you’re looking for? Our phone lines are open 9am - 5pm every day at our U District location. Call 206-634-3400 to talk to a live human being!
Effective Friday, April 24, ubookstore.com customers can now choose to pick up their online orders at our U District location.
Online order pickup hours are every day from 9am to 5pm.
Just enter the alley behind our store from 43rd Ave and drive up to the loading dock or park in the lot on 43rd and 15th and walk up to the dock. We’ll be waiting for you! Practice social distancing; only one customer at a time, please.
How long until I'm refunded for cancelled or returned orders?
It depends on your bank or credit card company, but usually 5–6 business days after we’ve received your return.
Once we have received your return, it will be stationed in a 72-hour quarantine area before our staff begins processing your return. Because we are taking this additional precaution to ensure our employees' health, please note that your return may take a bit longer than you're used to.
Can I use my Husky Card to shop online?
We are unable to accept Husky cards for online purchases. If you have any questions or concerns about your Husky card, please contact Husky Card Services through HFS.
What if I received the wrong items in my order?
We are so sorry for sending you the wrong items. If this has happened to you, please contact us at 206.634.3400 x123 Monday through Friday from 10am–5pm so we can get the correct items ready for you.
How do I get free shipping?
We're offering free, domestic, ground shipping for any ubookstore.com purchase of $15 or more. This option will be added to your shipping options once your cart meets the minimum amount.
How does pickup at Willow Hall work?
We are not currently offering pickup at Willow Hall. Customers are encouraged to either choose curbside pickup at our U District store or order through ubookstore.com.
For customers who require additional assistance, see the following list of contacts.
UW and Cascadia Special Accounts (ICA, VA, DVR, DSB, and Tribal accounts)
206.634.3400 x 312
Monday through Friday, 8am–Noon; 1pm–3pm
206.634.3400 x 335
For customers purchasing their course materials with financial aid, please call the number above or email email@example.com.
206.634.3400 x 123
What steps is University Book Store taking to ensure the health and well-being of its employees?
- Workers who provide supplies and course materials to students and educational institutions are still considered essential workers during this time. A very limited number of staff will still be on-site to process all course materials and student supplies related orders. All workers with the ability to work from home are working remotely.
- All workers and employees on-site are required to wear a mask at all times. Employees in need of a mask will be provided one by University Book Store.
- We have increased the frequency and rigor of the cleaning of our stores and offices, including but not limited to the regular sanitization of all common areas, doors and door knobs, bannisters, countertops, tabletops, in-store point-of-sale stations, and credit card pin pads.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available for use at each customer service and register area in all of our stores.
- Our leadership team is actively monitoring the situation as it evolves, as per the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and will take our lead from the University of Washington; updated information is posted at uw.edu/coronavirus.