Submit Your Coursebook Requests Online
We recommend using Google Chrome when submitting your adoptions.
Faculty Adoptions FAQs
Please submit requests for all courses, regardless of whether we will be supplying materials. Help your students save money on course materials by placing your request(s) early.
Please review the information below for common request types and details on each.
After submitting the request, two confirmation emails are sent: one to the Professor and one to the Department Coordinator (if listed). If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm we have received your request.
Course request due dates:
|Autumn Quarter||May 25th|
|Winter Quarter||October 25th|
|Spring Quarter||January 25th|
|Summer Quarter||April 25th|
If you are not using any materials for your course, submit the request as “No Text Required.” We'll note this on ubookstore.com and on the shelf tag for your class(es).
If you are using a Course Pack, please note in the comments field where the pack is being printed (provide the location and whether it’s on campus or off campus. While only on-campus packs are sold at University Book Store, students do come to us looking for packs produced and sold at other locations, so this information will help us provide better customer service.
If you are using an Open Education Resource (OER) product, please be sure to let us know which product you are using, along with where your students can acquire it for free. Please note that the UW is required by HEOA laws to gather and list all materials used in class at least 30 days prior to the start of class.
Please note, we do attempt to source eBooks for all other available titles.
If you are using Canvas for your materials, please note this in the comments field. If you only want digital materials or homework platforms supplied for your class, please note this in the comments field.
If old editions are acceptable for use in your class, please note this in the comments field. We are more than happy to search for and discount old editions and to give students a choice between editions.
If there are any non-book supplies required or recommended for your class, please note them in the comments field. We'll contact you for more information.
If you are using a free library resource, please note this in the comments field and we'll list this information for your students. If you would like to request a copy to put on reserves at the UW Libraries, please check here: http://www.lib.washington.edu/types/course
By submitting your requests in a timely manner you help students save money in the following ways:
- By supporting University of Washington's compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA).
- The HEOA requires all higher edition institutions provide course material information to their students at least four weeks before each term so that they may have the opportunity to plan for their course material expenses. This includes all items, whether they are free or if there is a cost to the student to acquire the material. University Book Store gathers your material requests and provides daily updates to the University for distribution to students via MyUW.
- By allowing us to buy back books from UW students for the most money and the best deal to the student.
- Books we know are being used on one of our campuses for the next quarter are bought back from our students at up to 50% of the new price until our needs for the upcoming term are met.
- By allowing us sufficient time to source used books from national distributors
- With ample time, we can source the maximum number of used books for upcoming classes. Used books save students a minimum of 25%.
If you encounter difficulties or have questions about submitting adoption requests, please email email@example.com with the details of the course and the materials you will be using.